Choosing the right type of vacuum cleaner for your home can be a very challenging experience. Even more so when looking for the best vacuum for pet hair.
With so many different types of vacuums available on the market today, it is easy to become overwhelmed with choices.
However, if you know how to do your own research, you can make an informed decision.
This article will help you to choose the best option for your specific needs and preferences, particularly when it comes to pet hair.
We review of the differences between the Bissell CleanView Swivel Rewind Pet Upright Vacuum and the Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum.
Bissell CleanView Swivel Rewind Pet Upright Vacuum
The design of the Bissell CleanView Swivel Rewind Pet Upright Vacuum is great for anyone who is looking for a good vacuum for pet hair and make their cleaning jobs easier.
For instance, the features provided in this model make it easy to swivel and maneuver around the furniture and other obstacles in your home.
Also, to remove the pet hair from your carpets, this vacuum is equipped with a tripled action brush roll that loosens, lifts, and then removes your pet’s hair from the surfaces of your carpet. Key Features:
This vacuum has a 27’ power cord that automatically rewinds after each use.
Comes with edge-to-edge technology in its overall design that makes it easy to remove dirt, debris, and pet hair from the edges of the carpeting.
Pet TurboEraser tool is included for cleaning the upholstery, stairways, and more.
The clear tank has been designed to make it easy for clean-ups. Press the button on the bottom of the tank to make it quick and easy to unload the dirt
Replacement filter included.
- It takes up little space to store in a closet.
- It’s easy to empty, and no replacement bags are required.
- Gets under and between chairs easily.
- Includes handy pet tools such as the pet hair corner tool and pet turbo eraser tool.
- A good vacuum for pet hair as it many customers are happy with the way it picks up pet hair.
- Their is no extender, just a flexible hose that is a bit short for reaching in areas like stairs.
- This vacuum doesn’t have enough height for shag or real high plush carpets.
Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum
The Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum is a lightweight handheld stick that has been designed for cleaning carpets and floors.
Since it is cordless, it is easy to use virtually anywhere. This vacuum can run for up to 40 minutes without a charge.
Users can navigate this vacuum easily between tight spaces and hard to reach places.
Great for getting trapped deep down dirt and dust from inside of the carpet.
- Designed with a Direct Drive Cleaner Head.
- To ensure the air is clean comes with a HEPA Filtration Sealed System
- Comes with a docking station to charge the vacuum when not in use
- Crevice Tools and Manuals provided with each vacuum.
- Great vacuum option for people who don’t like to mess with cords.
- Lightweight easy to move from one location in the home to the next.
- Powerful suction with V8 motor.
- Good vacuum for pet hair for both small and large dogs.
- Required to hold down the trigger the entire time. Battery lasts 40 minutes before it needs recharging.
- So if you have a large home you might not get finished vacuuming before the battery runs out.
Best Vacuum For Pet Hair: Which is the better for pet hair?
Both the Bissell CleanView Swivel Rewind Pet Upright Vacuum and the Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum cleaners are great choices if you need a vacuum for pet hair.
The Bissell CleanView Swivel Rewind Pet Upright Vacuum is easy to navigate around both small and large obstacles and has pet tools.
But if you have shag or high carpets it doesn’t have enough height.
And when picking up a lot of pet hair you need to make sure you clean the brush as it can clog up and could break the hose, and would need to replace that.
The Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum is powered by a V8 motor and has strong suction which makes it excellent choice for a vacuum for pet hair.
It is more lightweight and versatile than the Bissell, but the cordless runtime is about 40 minutes.
So if you have a house larger than 2,000 square feet that needs vacuuming, you might run out of power before you finished. Then you will have to put it on the charger and it takes 4 hours to charge up.
Therefore, the choice that you make between the two is often based on personal preference.
I like the Dyson as I don’t have a large home so can finish vacuuming in about 25 minutes. Plus, it is cordless and light weight which makes it easy for me to quickly vacuum.