10 Reasons Why You Will Love a Dachshund
1. They are high-spirited, stubborn, and independent but will do what you ask with treats, as they love to eat.
2. They have a long belly and love to have their belly rubbed.
3. Dachshunds will amuse you and make you laugh with their silly looks. They look funny when they run around with their short little legs and zip all over the house.
4. The Dachshund Breed are bold and think they are a big dog. For a little dog they have a big bark and make an excellent watchdog.
5. They have a lot of energy and can keep a good pace when you walk them.
6. They are good for snuggling up to, as they like to burrow under covers and want to be petted. With their short legs you don’t have to worry about getting kicked while you are sleeping.
7. They love to sniff and look to dig in the yard.
8. They are intelligent and can learn different words very quickly. They have different looks that you will pick up on for knowing what they want...whether it is to take me outside, feed me, or snuggle with me.
9. The Dachshund Breed has a long life span. Some dachshunds can live up to 20 years .
10. The come in over 500 dachshund flavors:
There are 3 coat types: smooth (short haired), long haired, and wire haired.
There are 15 different color combinations: black & cream, black & tan, blue & cream, blue & tan, chocolate & cream, chocolate & tan, cream, fawn (also called Isabella) & cream, fawn & tan, red, wheaten, wild boar, black, chocolate, and fawn.
Then there are 6 marking combinations: brindle, dapple, sable, brindle piebald, dapple piebald, and piebald.
So doing this math there are 540 color/coat/pattern possibilities.
More dachshund facts can be found on Wikipedia